7 Day Luxury Greek Adventure
This concise tour covers a multitude of noteworthy ancient sites, majestic monuments and mystical monasteries.
Our adventure map
Day by day
First Day Welcome to Athens
Enjoy your complimentary private VIP door-to-door transfer to your UK departure airport. You are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel where there is time to settle in and relax. Later, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception, and an opportunity to get to know each other over a delightful evening of dinner and wine. (WR),(D)
Second Day we see the Parthenon, Mycenae and onto Nafplio
Morning sightseeing reveals the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Wingless Victory and Hadrian's Arch. A Local Expert takes you to the Parthenon, built atop the Acropolis. Now follow the shores of the Saronic Gulf to the Corinth Canal, dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece. Next is the ruined city of Mycenae, featured in epics of Homer. With a Local Expert, walk through the Lion Gate, visit the royal ‘beehive' tombs and see the giant Cyclopean stones used to build the city walls. Later, meet the artisans and view beautiful works of art at a family-run pottery studio. Continue to the elegant seaside town of Nafplio. (BB),(D)
Third Day we drive through the Mountains of Arkadia to Olympia
Travel into the heart of Argolis and with a Local Expert, visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus with its superb 4th century BC theatre. Visit the Asklepieion and discover a fascinating collection of ancient findings at the Archaeological Museum. Then a delightful drive takes you through the mountains of Arkadia to Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games. This evening, join a local chef for an entertaining cookery demonstration followed by a dinner of authentic Greek flavours. (BB),(SE)
Fourth Day we explore Olympia then travel to Delphi
In Olympia, see the city's ancient temples, the Olympic Stadium and the athlete's' gymnasium with a Local Expert and learn about how the original games were first held in 776BC. Then head north to Patras and cross the soaring Rio-Antirrio Bridge to the mainland. Follow the coastal road before climbing up in the foothills of Mount Parnassus and on to your hotel. (BB)
Fifth Day the Sacred Way of Delphi then onto kalambaka
Ascend the Sacred Way of Delphi with a Local Expert, past the Parian marble Treasury of the Athenians and Polygonal Wall – its interlocking stones still perfectly intact after thousands of years. You'll approach the Temple of Apollo, where for 14 centuries the mysterious Oracle of Delphi breathed her enigmatic ‘words'. Continue north, stopping at Thermopylae to see the memorial to Leonidas and his courageous Spartans. Then on to your hotel in Kalambaka for dinner. (BB),(D)
Sixth Day visit the Monasteries of Meteora then head to Athens
With a Local Expert, visit one of the amazing monasteries of Meteora, meaning 'in the air'. Incredibly perched on top of pinnacles of rock, see where the early Christians worshipped and enjoy stunning views over the Peneios Valley. Afterwards, enjoy a scenic drive along the coast back to Athens. In the evening, enjoy a hearty Celebration Dinner in true Greek style, complete with wine and good cheer. (BB),(CD)
Seventh Day we depart Athens
Your journey comes to an end with a transfer to Athens Airport. On arrival at your UK airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your return private VIP transfer home. (BB)
Olympia: Join a local chef and get to grips with the local flavours in an introduction to Greek cooking.
Athens: Toast the culmination of your tour in true Greek tradition at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
6 Breakfasts (BB), 2 three-course table d'hôte Dinners or Buffet, plus tea or coffee (D); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Signature Evening (SE), and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine plus tea and coffee. Departures on tour for New Year's Eve enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner.
- Athens: Ascend the ‘Sacred Rock', the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in 5th century BC as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and ‘Porch of the Maidens'. See Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Zeus.
- Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal ‘beehive' tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, hearing tales of Agamemnon (hacked to death in his bath by his wife Klytemnestra!).
- Argolis: View beautiful works of art during your visit to a family-run pottery studio, which embraces traditional methods.
- Epidaurus: Visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios. In the centre of the enclosure stood the temple dedicated to the god of medicine. Visit the museum, as well as the best preserved open-air theatre in the whole of Greece.
- Olympia: Olympia was the original location of the Olympic Games, held every four years during a 1,000 year period as a celebration of the Hellenic spirit. Here lie the ruins of temples and treasures dedicated to Zeus, King of the Gods.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Meteora: Visit one of the remarkable, centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock, and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
- Corinth Canal: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
- Patras: Cross world's longest multi-span cable-stayed bridge.
- Thermopylae: See the memorial to Leonidas and his heroic Spartans.
An expert Tour Director, at the pinnacles of their careers, will smooth your way throughout your journey. They are your ‘travelling concierges', expert guides, consummate organisers and friends in a foreign land.
Enjoy the unique comfort of our luxury air-conditioned 40 seat coach with extended leg room and on-board restroom. It's business class comfort.
Personal radio headsets, gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights without missing any of your local expert's fascinating insights and commentaries.
Baggage handling everywhere, with seamless and prompt delivery to your door at every hotel. Hotel and restaurant tips included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus we include all taxes and porter-age charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel WiFi.
From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local titbit, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
Airport transfers at scheduled times on the first and last day of your escorted journey.
Services of our resident manager in Athens.
Guarantees, Bonds and Awards
- This tour is run by our outstanding travel partners who are award winners British Travel Awards Best Small Group.
- All Tours are Guaranteed Departures.
- Tours are fully bonded, protected and guaranteed and you pay the operator directly when booking.
- ABTA protected
Best prices, more information and booking
Great Discounts are available – please speak with our expert who can arrange extra unique discounts.
Only £100 per person deposit required (except for last minute bookings).
By booking through us you will receive additional customer service and extra discounts.
Please ask our expert about last minute special offers available throughout the year.
If this is not quite what you are looking for, please mail us we have many great alternatives.
You can call our expert on 0207 620 8963 – UK time 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (this number is specifically for this or similar multi-day tours of Britain, Europe or World-Wide) or out of those hours please leave a voice-mail for a call back.
Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back or if you prefer mail, we can send you more details from there.