4 Day Taste of Britain
Stroll through the cobbled streets of Cambridge, enjoy a tour of the highlights of York city and view Hadrian's Wall built by the Romans in 122AD enroute to Scotland. In Edinburgh you'll enjoy a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist before heading south through the Lake District with spectacular views of Lake Windermere. On your way back to London visit Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace.
Our adventure map
Day by day
First Day Arrive in London to Cambridge, York and Darlington
Enjoy a scenic drive towards the university city of Cambridge. Explore the cobbled streets and see some of the world famous colleges. On arrival in York, your Travel Director will show you some of the highlights of this city on an orientation walk. View the magnificent Gothic Minster and see the famous street called the Shambles. Dine tonight in your hotel.
Hotel: Blackwell Grange
Second Day go from Darlington to Edinburgh Sightseeing and Peebles
View Hadrian's Wall, a defensive wall built by the Romans in 122 A.D. Cross the border into Bonnie Scotland and arrive in the capital city Edinburgh. The city sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist includes views of the Georgian New Town, Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. Spend free time exploring on your own.
Hotel: Peebles Hydro
Third Day see Lake District, Liverpool and Haydock
Heading south, stop at Gretna Green, where eloping couples married against their parents' wishes. Enjoy spectacular views of Lake Windermere as you travel through the Lake District. Stop in the village of Grasmere where the poet, William Wordsworth, lived and wrote his most acclaimed poem, ‘The Daffodils'. This afternoon spend time exploring Liverpool, home city of the ‘Fab Four' before checking into your hotel in nearby Haydock.
Hotel: Holiday Inn Haydock
Fourth Day visit Chester, Stratford-Upon-Avon then back to London
This morning visit Chester. View the Medieval Walls, the cathedral and the black and white timbered buildings known as the ‘Rows'. Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, the town synonymous with the famous playwright William Shakespeare. Later arrive in London, where your memorable holiday comes to an end.
- Cambridge - View King's College Chapel
- Chester - View the Tudor architecture and the timbered buildings known as the ‘Rows'
- Edinburgh - Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the famous Princes Street, the Royal Mile and views of the new Parliament building and the Castle
- Grasmere - Visit the Lake District village of Grasmere, and view the grave of poet William Wordsworth
- Gretna Green - Visit Gretna Green, popular with eloping couples since 1754
- Hadrian’s Wall - View the remains of the Roman wall
- Liverpool - Visit the home city of the Beatles
- Stratford-upon-Avon - Visit the town of Shakespeare's birth
- York - View York Minster and stroll along the Shambles. See the city walls
3 full breakfasts, 1 three course dinner
Tonight is your chance to put on that tartan and join us for an evening of singing, dancing and bagpipe playing at an internationally famous venue. You’ll enjoy delicious food and wine, join in the singing and watch a Highland dance or two. There's even a chance to sample Scotland’s national dish – haggis.
A chance to view the glorious scenery of the Lake District as we cruise across England’s largest lake. Then step back in time as we board the steam train for a short journey from Lakeside to Haverthwaite.
Enjoy an exclusive cruise on a private boat on England's most beautiful and largest lake, taking in the northern coastline, beautiful houses, gardens and Wray Castle. You’ll see deserted islands, boats and birdlife as you explore the area loved by Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth.
Come along on a guided tour of Liverpool. From its glorious maritime past to its famous cultural present, you’ll discover the two magnificently different cathedrals, see Mathew Street, birthplace of The Beatles, and admire the Mersey Sound.
Where you stay
All hotels included in your tour package are hand-picked, of an outstanding standard and far better value than if booked individually. Our valued travel partners who organise these tours also own the Red Carnation Hotel Group and where possible Red Carnation Hotels are used and please see our link for further details.
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included Sightseeing experiences
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom
- Hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director throughout your journey
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel
Guarantees, Bonds and Awards
- This tour is run by our outstanding travel partners who are multi-award winning Globe Best Tour operator in the world 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Tours are fully bonded, protected and guaranteed and you pay the operator directly when booking.
- ABTA, IATA and ATOL protected
- Part of the Trade Right Foundation
Best prices, more information and booking
Great Discounts are available – please speak with our expert who can arrange extra unique discounts.
Only £100 per person deposit required (except for last minute bookings).
By booking through us you will receive additional customer service and extra discounts.
Please ask our expert about last minute special offers available throughout the year.
If this is not quite what you are looking for, please mail us we have many great alternatives.
You can call our expert on 0207 620 8963 – UK time 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (this number is specifically for this or similar multi-day tours of Britain, Europe or World-Wide) or out of those hours please leave a voice-mail for a call back.
Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back or if you prefer mail, we can send you more details from there.