5 Day Jordan Experience
The unique beauty of ancient Petra marks the mid-way point in a cultural pilgrimage to biblical landmarks and crusade strongholds, unless you stay longer with our Dead Sea option.
Our adventure map
Day by day
First Day Arrive Amman
Welcome to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, a country rich in ancient history and biblical sites of importance. You are met on arrival at Amman Airport and transferred to your hotel.
Second Day its Amman, Jerash then Petra
Visit the ruins at Jerash, a beautifully preserved and once prosperous Greco-Roman city. Return to Amman for a sightseeing tour of the Roman amphitheatre and Citadel Hill with your Local Specialist. Arrive later in Petra, where you dine tonight at your hotel.
Third Day enjoy Petra Sightseeing
Spend the day in Petra and discover this unique cultural treasure. Carved into the sheer rock face over 2,000 years ago by Nabataeans, it was an important link in the Silk Road trade route. Enter the city through the Siq, a narrow gorge flanked on either side by cliffs soaring 80 metres high. Emerge from the path and see the magnificent Treasury, the first of many wonders to be explored.
Fourth Day go from Petra to Amman
Follow the King's Highway north to Shobak and visit the 12th century Crusader fortress. View the Promised Land from Mount Nebo. At Madaba, view the mosaic map of the Holy Land in St. George's Church, dating from the 6th century. Don't miss the opportunity to extend your stay with two exhilarating nights at the Dead Sea, see below. Alternatively, continue to Amman for your final night.
Fifth Day Depart Amman
This morning bid farewell to this extraordinary land. Transfers to Amman airport are available, conditions apply.
- City tour in Amman
- View the Roman Amphitheatre and Citadel in Amman, Moses' Promised Land on Mount Nebo and the mosaic map of the Holy Land at Madaba
- Visit the Greco-Roman city at Jerash, the unique ancient city at Petra and the Crusader Fortress at Shobak
- 4 buffet breakfasts
- 4 buffet breakfasts
We offer a range of Optional Experiences and entertainment options to complement our trips. These are purchased when you are on your trip, via your Travel Director. Depending on the region visited, these can be paid with cash or credit card. We are sorry but at this time we are unable to display all optionals for this trip. Where available, these Optional Experiences will be added to our website shortly.
Where you stay
All hotels included in your tour package are hand-picked, of an outstanding standard and far better value than if booked individually. Our valued travel partners who organise these tours also own the Red Carnation Hotel Group and where possible Red Carnation Hotels are used and please see our link for further details.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 or 5 star accommodation
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Guarantees, Bonds and Awards
- This tour is run by our outstanding travel partners who are multi-award winning Globe Best Tour operator in the world 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Tours are fully bonded, protected and guaranteed and you pay the operator directly when booking.
- ABTA, IATA and ATOL protected
- Part of the Trade Right Foundation
Best prices, more information and booking
Great Discounts are available – please speak with our expert who can arrange extra unique discounts.
Only £100 per person deposit required (except for last minute bookings).
By booking through us you will receive additional customer service and extra discounts.
Please ask our expert about last minute special offers available throughout the year.
If this is not quite what you are looking for, please mail us we have many great alternatives.
You can call our expert on 0207 620 8963 – UK time 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (this number is specifically for this or similar multi-day tours of Britain, Europe or World-Wide) or out of those hours please leave a voice-mail for a call back.
Alternatively email us at email@example.com and request a call back or if you prefer mail, we can send you more details from there.