9 Day Best of Israel
Holy Jerusalem sets the scene for this all-embracing study of Israel, before you venture from its Wailing Wall to the Dead Sea, Nazareth, the Mount of Beatitudes and bustling Tel Aviv.
Our adventure map
Day by day
First Day Arrive in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem
Welcome to Israel! On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Jerusalem. Relax or take a stroll around Jerusalem. In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Drink with your fellow travellers and your Travel Director.
Hotel: Dan Panorama
Second Day visit Mount Zion and The Old City of Jerusalem
Admire the Old City of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives. Visit the tomb of King David on Mount Zion. See the room where the Last Supper took place near Zion Gate. Walk through the Jewish Quarter to the Wailing Wall and see the Dome of the Rock. Follow the Stations of the Cross along the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Third Day its Jerusalem, Dead Sea, Masada and back to Jerusalem
Traverse the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. Near Qumran, view the site where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. A short drive brings you to Masada. Ride by cable car to the ancient fortress where the Zealots made their last stand against the Romans. Explore the excavations of Herod's Palace before having the chance to float in the Dead Sea, time permitting. Later, enjoy an evening meal at your hotel.
Fourth Day enjoy Free Time in Jerusalem
Spend the day exploring the sights of your choice. There are a wealth of great attractions to visit, including the Tower of David Museum, the Archaeological Gardens and the Davidson Centre.
Fifth Day explore New City of Jerusalem and Lower Galilee
Tour Yad Vashem, a memorial commemorating the six million martyrs of World War II. Discover the Shrine of the Book at the Israel Museum, housing the Dead Sea Scrolls. See the Knesset - Israel's Parliament - and the Givat Ram Campus of the Hebrew University. Travelling through the Jordan Valley you reach your Kibbutz hotel, home for the next two nights. Dine tonight at your hotel.
Hotel: Lavi Kibbutz
Sixth Day Excursion of Meggido, Nazareth, Capernaum and Mount Beatitudes
Visit the ‘chariot city' of Megiddo to see the excavations of Solomon's Stables. Explore the Church of the Annunciation at Nazareth and visit the old synagogue at Capernaum, the old town of Jesus. Continue to the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount. Dine tonight at your hotel.
Seventh Day its onto Acre, Haifa, Caesarea and Tel Aviv
Visit the ancient synagogue and artists' colony at Tzfat, one of Judaism's Four Holy Cities. Discover the fascinating underground Crusaders City of Acre. Admire views of the Bahai Shrine and the beautiful Persian Gardens at Haifa. See the Roman statues, the aqueduct and the Roman Theatre at the ancient port city of Caesarea. Later, travel to Tel Aviv for a two-night stay.
Hotel: Dan Panorama
Eighth Day take some Free Time in Tel Aviv
Take time on your own to discover the myriad delights Tel Aviv has to offer; the Flea Market, Newe Zedek, the first Jewish neighbourhood, the Diaspora Museum and the Eretz Israel Museum.
Ninth Day Depart Tel Aviv
After a memorable holiday in this historic region, it is time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers as you prepare for your journey home. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- City tour in Jerusalem
- See the Mount of Olives, the former Syrian bunkers at Golan Heights
- View the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, the Bahai Shrine from the summit of Mount Carmel in Haifa, the excavations of Soloman's Stables and the Roman Amphitheatre and aqueduct at Caesarea
- Visit the tomb of King David on mount Zion, the Fortress of Masada, the Church of Annunciation in Nazareth, the old Synagogue and the Mount of Beatitudes near Capernaum, the ancient Synagogue and artists' colony at Tzfat, the underground Crusader City of Acre
8 Israeli breakfasts, 3 three course dinners, welcome drink
Optional Experiences are subject to change. Your Travel Director will supply you with a final list of Optional Experiences available on your trip. Optional Experiences cannot be booked on-line; they can be purchased during your trip through your Travel Director.
Where you stay
All hotels included in your tour package are hand-picked, of an outstanding standard and far better value than if booked individually. Our valued travel partners who organise these tours also own the Red Carnation Hotel Group and where possible Red Carnation Hotels are used and please see our link for further details.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 or 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Guarantees, Bonds and Awards
- This tour is run by our outstanding travel partners who are multi-award winning Globe Best Tour operator in the world 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Tours are fully bonded, protected and guaranteed and you pay the operator directly when booking.
- ABTA, IATA and ATOL protected
- Part of the Trade Right Foundation
Best prices, more information and booking
Great Discounts are available – please speak with our expert who can arrange extra unique discounts.
Only £100 per person deposit required (except for last minute bookings).
By booking through us you will receive additional customer service and extra discounts.
Please ask our expert about last minute special offers available throughout the year.
If this is not quite what you are looking for, please mail us we have many great alternatives.
You can call our expert on 0207 620 8963 – UK time 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (this number is specifically for this or similar multi-day tours of Britain, Europe or World-Wide) or out of those hours please leave a voice-mail for a call back.
Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back or if you prefer mail, we can send you more details from there.