8 Day England and Scotland Heritage
Stroll through the cobbled streets of Cambridge, enjoy a tour of the highlights of York city and view Hadrian's Wall built by the Romans in 122AD enroute to Scotland. In Edinburgh you'll enjoy a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist before heading south through the Lake District with spectacular views of Lake Windermere. On your way back to London visit Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace.’
Our Adventure Map
Day by day
First Day Visit Windsor, Bath then Bristol
This morning visit Windsor and view the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. In the city of Bath, where two of Jane Austen's novels were set, admire the Georgian architecture and enjoy free time to shop or visit the Roman Baths. Arrive later at your hotel in Bristol.
Second Day Travel to Chester and Lancaster
This morning travel north to the town of Chester where you view the Roman Walls, Cathedral and the black and white half-timbered buildings known as ‘The Rows'. Why not join your fellow travellers on an excursion to North Wales to visit the town of Llangollen, home of the International Eisteddfod. Later arrive at your hotel.
Third Day its onto Lake District, Gretna Green and Glasgow
Enjoy spectacular views of Lake Windermere as you head north to visit the village of Grasmere where the poet, William Wordsworth, lived and wrote his most acclaimed poem, ‘Daffodils'. Stop at Gretna Green, where eloping couples married against their parents' wishes. Cross the Southern Uplands to Glasgow, one of Europe's liveliest cities.
Hotel: Ibis City Centre Glasgow
Fourth Day see Glasgow and the Scottish Highlands
See the sights of Glasgow during your orientation tour. Drive north through incredible scenery into the Scottish Highlands and follow the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Drive through Glencoe, Glen of the Weeping, on to Fort William, which lies in the shadow of the UK's highest mountain, Ben Nevis, whose summit stands at 4,409 feet above sea level. Dine tonight at your Highland hotel.
Hotel: Laggan Gaskmore
Fifth Day journey to St. Andrews near Edinburgh ( Airth )
Visit picturesque Pitlochry on the banks of the river Tummel. Famous for salmon fishing, a ‘fish ladder' on the dammed river helps the salmon to swim upstream to spawn. Take time to shop, explore, or join an excursion to Blair Castle, home to the Duke of Atholl. In St. Andrews, where Prince William went to university, stop to take a picture of the 18th green. Known as the home of golf, the game has been played here for over 600 years!
Hotel: Airth Castle
Sixth Day enjoy Sightseeing and Free Time in Edinburgh
This morning's sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist includes views of the Georgian New Town, Palace of Holyroodhouse, the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle. Spend free time exploring on your own or join your Travel Director on an optional experience to the Royal Yacht Britannia in nearby Leith. Tonight, why not attend a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes.
Seventh Day visit York and Leeds
Cross the Scottish Borders back into England. Drive through Northumberland National Park and view part of Hadrian's Wall. Begun in 122 AD, the wall is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is among the most important monuments built by the Romans in Britain. Continue south and arrive in York, a city of extraordinary cultural and historical wealth. During your orientation, your Travel Director takes you on a walk through the web of quaint, narrow streets and shows you York Minster, one of the most beautiful Gothic buildings in the world. Finish the day in Leeds, where you dine tonight at your hotel
Hotel: Bewleys Leeds
Last Day its onto Statford-upon-Avon and Return to London
This morning, visit Stratford-upon-Avon, where you have time to see the sights and shop for souvenirs. In your free time, why not visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and visitor centre for an in-depth look at the great man's life. Say goodbye to your Travel Director and newfound friends at the end of an exciting and memorable holiday as you return to London.
Where you stay
All hotels included in your tour package are hand-picked, of an outstanding standard and far better value than if booked individually. Our valued travel partners who organise these tours also own the Red Carnation Hotel Group and where possible Red Carnation Hotels are used and please see our link for further details.
- Bath, Visit the Georgian spa town
- Chester, View the Tudor architecture and the half-timbered buildings known as the ‘Rows'
- Edinburgh, Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes the famous Princes Street, the Royal Mile and views of the new Parliament Building as well as the castle
- Fort William, See the Commando Memorial and Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain. Enjoy a scenic drive through Glencoe, the infamous Glen of the Weeping
- Glasgow, View Glasgow Cathedral and George Square on your orientation tour of Glasgow
- Gretna Green, See the Blacksmith's shop, a wedding venue since 1754 when eloping couples would exchange their vows over the anvil
- Hadrian’s Wall, View the remains of the Roman wall
- Lake District, Visit the village of Grasmere, and view the grave of Wordsworth
- Loch Lomond, See the freshwater lake with the largest surface area in Britain
- St. Andrews, View the 18th green on St. Andrews Old Course
- Stratford-upon-Avon, Visit the town of Shakespeare's Birth and see Anne Hathaway's cottage
- Windsor, View the Castle
- York, View York Minster and stroll along the Shambles. See the city walls
- 3 three course dinners, 7 full breakfasts
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom
- Hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the recommended London hotel
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- The services of a professional Travel Director throughout your trip
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- The services of a Local Host if you stay at recommended London hotel
- Airport Transfers
- North Wales Excursion, Our excursion to Wales takes us to Llangollen, the home of the International Music Eisteddfod. Here you'll see wonderful sights including the River Dee and the Victorian railway station. You'll also travel through the Valley of the Cross and up to the Horseshoe Pass, to enjoy views of the Welsh hills.
- Windermere Cruise And Steam Train Ride, A chance to view the glorious scenery of the Lake District as we cruise across England's largest lake. Then step back in time as we board the steam train for a short journey from Lakeside to Haverthwaite.
- Private Cruise On Lake Windermere, Enjoy an exclusive cruise on a private boat on England's most beautiful and largest lake, taking in the northern coastline, beautiful houses, gardens and Wray Castle. You'll see deserted islands, boats and birdlife as you explore the area loved by Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth.
- Glasgow City Evening, You'll enjoy a chance to experience a night out in the city of Glasgow. Your Travel Director will take you for an evening of good food, a drink, and undoubtedly interesting conversation.
- Loch Lomond Boat Trip, Discover the wild beauty of the 'Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond'. As we cruise across the loch, the skipper will share stories of the area and point out Rob Roy's cave as you relax and savour the stunning scenery.
- Highland Farm Experience, Visit a real Highland sheep farm and meet Neil the Shepherd and his border collies. He'll show you how he uses different whistles to command each dog to carry out different tasks. You'll also have the opportunity to try your hand at sheep shearing, feeding the pups and discover his training techniques. Weather permitting.
- Visit Of Blair Castle, Set in its own grounds against a backdrop of glorious scenery, you'll visit the castle and find out more about the home of the Duke of Atholl - the only man in Britain to have a private army.
- Scottish Show With Dinner, Tonight is your chance to put on that tartan and join us for an evening of singing, dancing and bagpipe playing at an internationally famous venue. You'll enjoy delicious food and wine, join in the singing and watch a Highland dance or two. There's even a chance to sample Scotland's national dish - haggis.
- Dinner And Drive To Historic Torphichen, Enjoy a scenic drive to the ancient village of Torphichen, associated with Scottish kings and Knights Templar. At the haunted Torphichen Inn you'll be welcomed by a piper and a drink before enjoying an excellent dinner of local specialities, then an evening of traditional pipe music.
- Royal Yacht Britannia, You'll explore this magnificent ship, which has played host to some of the most famous people in the world. Now berthed in Leith, you'll be welcomed on board to discover the heart and soul of this most special of royal residences - the former honeymoon sanctuary for four royal couples.
Guarantees, Bonds and Awards
- This tour is run by our outstanding travel partners who are multi-award winning Globe Best Tour operator in the world 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Tours are fully bonded, protected and guaranteed and you pay the operator directly when booking.
- ABTA, IATA and ATOL protected
- Part of the Trade Right Foundation
Best prices, more information and booking
Great Discounts are available – please speak with our expert who can arrange extra unique discounts.
Only £100 per person deposit required (except for last minute bookings).
By booking through us you will receive additional customer service and extra discounts.
Please ask our expert about last minute special offers available throughout the year.
If this is not quite what you are looking for, please mail us we have many great alternatives.
You can call our expert on 0207 620 8963 – UK time 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (this number is specifically for this or similar multi-day tours of Britain, Europe or World-Wide) or out of those hours please leave a voice-mail for a call back.
Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a call back or if you prefer mail, we can send you more details from there.